A place to invest - key projects
Why choose Dudley? £1 billion investment on-site or in the pipeline for our key projects: Portersfield, Interchange, Institute of Technology, The Very Light Rail National Innovation Centre, DY5 Dudley's Business and Innovation Enterprise Zone.
Why choose Dudley?
• £1 billion investment on-site or in the pipeline
• Major new Metro infrastructure investment underway
• Award winning business support ecosystem enabling development and growth
• Advanced manufacturing core of the West Midlands
• Only eight miles from Birmingham city centre
• £81m major mixed-use town centre regeneration scheme
• Delivering 4,830sqm of retail and leisure space together with new residential development
• Occupier opportunities adjacent to the new Midland Metro route and planned transport interchange
• Phase one completion 2021/22
More information on investing in Dudley town centre.
• New £18m transport interchange located at the heart of the town centre
• Project developed by West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) to link the bus station, Metro and eventually SPRINT
• Scheduled for completion Autumn 2021
Institute of Technology
• £31m proposal led by Dudley College working in partnership with Aston University, University of Warwick, University of Wolverhampton and Dudley College of Technology
• The institute will provide specialist higher level progression pathways to compliment the R&D activity at the VLR Innovation Centre and to meet future skills needs
• Phase one is a £15m development to deliver advanced manufacturing and digital technologies by 2020
• Phase two is circa £16m development to deliver transport technologies including propulsion methods, autonomous vehicles, control signalling and health technicians programmes by 2022
The Very Light Rail National Innovation Centre (VLRNIC)
• £26m National Innovation Centre in partnership with WMG, Network Rail, TfWM/MMA, DfT, Dudley Council and WMCA
• Supports the development of Very Light Rail and Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) sectors
• Scheme will include a research and technology institute, test track for prototype vehicles, business support centre, vehicle test shed
• Offering occupier opportunities
• Scheduled for completion Spring 2021
DY5 Dudley's Business and Innovation Enterprise Zone
• Covers 70 hectares, offering office, technology, leisure and residential high density mixed use development opportunities
• The enterprise zone covers six areas and includes an attractive waterfront location
• Home to the new ‘Resonance’ Music Institute, a £9.6m higher education facility
More information on investing in the DY5 enterprise zone.