Small Business Saturday
Small Business Saturday is a chance to support all types of small businesses.
Small Business Saturday
Every year the first Saturday of December is Small Business Saturday!
Support local and make a small business owner smile over the festive period
From craft stores to markets, quirky coffee shops to hair and beauty boutiques, it’s time to discover small businesses right on your doorstep in Dudley borough.
Local business owners are ready to give you a warm welcome and provide a personal service with a smile.
Whether you’re shopping for essentials, Christmas gifts or indulging in self-care, check out your local high street or town centre for a unique experience this festive period.
Support your favourite small business by popping in store, purchasing through their online shop or sharing their posts on social media.
Small business owner?
There are lots of things you can do to support each other and spread a little kindness and most of them are free! Small business Saturday can be an excellent opportunity to promote your business, raise awareness with your brand or even build relationships with other local businesses. Here are just a few things you can try:
2. Create offers or promotions and advertise them for shoppers on the day. Remember to plan ahead, and don't forget to utilise other national retail campaign days throughout the year too such as Fiver Friday, Black Friday etc.
3. Spread kindness and join forces with other small businesses near you to collaborate on marketing, social media etc
4. Continue to spread kindness and share other local businesses posts - you can help promote each other!
5. Host an event or activity on the day; it doesn't have to be anything big; you could dress your shop window, hold a giveaway, dress up for the day, extend your opening hours slightly or just do one thing differently. Anything you can promote that may entice customers to your shop.
6. Get your social media on - use the official hashtags #SmallBizSatUK and #SmallBusinessSaturday to maximise your reach and encourage your followers and customers to share something about your business or purchase for example.
7. Share your business story - people like to know who is behind the business. Share a photo on social media and build connections with your customers.
Please note the above are not advice or guidance but only ideas which may be of interest to your business.
Get involved by hosting an event or promotion or posting on social media tagging @DudleyBusiness1 and #SmallBizSatUK in your posts.
Or email us any Small Business Saturday Offers or activities happening in your local high street or shop on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share on our offers page later in November.
Find out more about Small Business Saturday at smallbusinesssaturdayuk.com
A huge thank you to the following businesses for being part of our 'Make a small business owner smile' video.