Dudley Business First Privacy Notice
What information do we collect?
- Name, business trading address, contact details including email address, telephone and mobile number.
- Correspondence (including emails)
- Information specific to your business activity and reason for contacting Dudley Business First
Who Uses this Information?
The Dudley Business First team of Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council.
Why do we use this information?
We use the information you provide to us to:
- Forward to appropriate social enterprise, government organisation or charity, or to third party service providers delivering on our behalf
- Communicate with you about your enquiry,
- Advise you of any upcoming events you may be interested in. This is done with your consent to enter your details on our mailing list.
What is the legal basis for processing personal information?
You have given your consent for your contact details and nature of your enquiry to be shared with relevant organisations and agencies.
Who are we likely to share this information with?
- Within Dudley Council information may be shared with other Council departments where necessary to follow up a service request or enquiry.
- With other organisations or companies (with your consent, or where the law requires us)
- Data is shared with West Midlands Combined Authority, Department for Business and Trade and Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities
- Information may also be shared with other council departments or third parties where legal to do so. For full details see the council’s main privacy notice.
- Information pertaining to grant funding agreements and administration thereof may also be shared with third parties where legal to do so. For example West Midlands Combined Authority or DHLUC for the purpose of administration of grant funding. This may also apply within other agreements for similar purposes.
How do we keep this information secure?
- Adobe Sign requires some information to be collected and stored with our third party cloud-hosted supplier in a safe and secure manner.
- Electronic information is stored securely on databases, systems and onsite servers located in our secure data centres.
- Access to your information is restricted to staff directly involved in providing the service to you.
How long is this information kept?
- Where you have consented to have your details entered on to our mailing list, we will keep your details in order to contact you about services and events relevant to you, until you withdraw your consent to processing.
- Completed funding agreements for grants, sent through Adobe Sign, will have a document retention period set no longer than 28 days where completed agreements will not be available through Adobe Sign thereafter. Recipients will receive an email copy of the agreement upon completion of signature; if for any reason you do not receive this you will need to contact the Dudley Business First officer to request a copy.
- For those who have not consented to have their contact details entered onto the mailing list, your information will be retained for 10 years following your last interaction with Dudley Business First unless we are legally required to retain it for longer.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request Dudley Council to stop processing your personal data in relation to any council service.
Your rights are set out in the law. Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- Have any inaccuracies corrected;
- Have your personal data erased;
- Place a restriction of on our processing of your data;
- Object to processing.
For further information, please view Dudley Council’s Corporate Privacy and Disclaimer Statement.