Dudley paves way for major MIPIM announcement
20 Feb 2020
Every March, real estate professionals from across the globe gather at MIPIM (Marché International des Professionnels de L’immobilier) – a leading international property exhibition and construction event in France, to showcase opportunities for investment and development.
Before making an undisclosed, significant announcement at its main event on 12 March, Invest Dudley will be showcasing many regeneration projects in the area that will appeal to high-level investors, developers and companies, including:
- £82million ‘Portersfield’ mixed use retail, leisure and residential development with up to 400 apartments including student accommodation and the potential to include shops, restaurants, bars and offices.
- £100million revitalisation programme of Brierley Hill, set to deliver up to 800 new residential units and 14.7 hectares of improved brownfield land.
- 52,000m commercial expansion of DY5 Enterprise Zone (which spans a total of 70 hectares) featuring mixed-use office space, industrial and residential opportunities.
- 1,000-home Urban Garden City development of Lye – part of a wider £6 billion Black Country development covering 1,500 hectares - destined to be the biggest housing scheme since World War Two.
- £9million Autonomous Vehicle Initiative, a research facility for the testing and development of intelligent and autonomous vehicles.
- £13.39million expansion of Dudley Zoo, Castle and Castle Hill Woodland, offering eight key regeneration projects including Dudley Castle and a visitor and education centre.
- £40million phase two development of the Black Country and Marches Higher Institute of Technology providing specialist Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths education.
The projects form part of Dudley’s unprecedented £1 billion regeneration makeover.
Strategic town centres in the Borough are being redeveloped and work recently started on the £449 million Wednesbury to Brierley Hill Metro extension to link Dudley with Birmingham - predicted to bring up to 30 per cent more permanent jobs into the local area.
Boasting world-class tourist attractions and natural open spaces, Dudley is perfectly located in the heart of the UK with excellent road, rail and air transport links and connections.
Councillor Patrick Harley (pictured left), leader of Dudley Council, said “We are really excited about Dudley’s future.
“Significant regeneration activity in Dudley has already begun and there are lots more ready-to-go opportunities we want to discuss with real estate professionals looking for cost-effective and high-return investments.
“But the icing on the cake will be the major announcement we will be making at our event on Thursday 12 March. This is set to completely transform Dudley, the historic capital of the Black Country.
“The time is most definitely now to invest in Dudley!”
The Invest Dudley team will be located in the Palais des Festivals (exhibition stand no. P-1.C 2) at MIPIM and will also have a presence in the Midlands UK pavilion (Stand C.16D).
Update: MIPIM 2020 has been postponed until 2-5 June 2020.