In Dudley borough
In addition to the Government's offer, in Dudley borough we are providing the following support:
We have already suspended legal recovery and enforcement action.
In order to support Dudley borough businesses, Dudley Council is offering the following support immediately (initially for three months and to be reviewed after that):
- Free pitches for market traders*
- Rent-free period for council-owned shops*
- Free parking season tickets for market traders and shop owners/workers
- Rent-free period for tenants at Red House Cone
- Waiver of pest control charges to businesses
- Business rates relief has been agreed which will effectively wipe £45million off the bills for more than 1,500 businesses in retail, leisure and hospitality and nurseries. That will come into effect when these businesses get their rates bills which will be zero for the current financial year. This will happen automatically and there is no need to apply.
View our news release with further details here.
Reopening your business
Advice and resources to help you safely reopen your business can be found here.
Test and trace
The test and trace workplace guidance can be downloaded here.
And you can download the FAQs for businesses here.
If you want to receive the latest advice and support for your business sign up to our free email updates. It’s quick and easy and can be done here.
Eat Out to Help Out Scheme
The Eat Out to Help Out Scheme for restaurants will be running from 3 to 31 August.
Those participating will discount patrons’ meals and drinks (non alcoholic) 50% on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. A postcode checker has now been launched by the government, displaying those taking part in the scheme up to a 5 mile radius from the customer’s postcode, which Dudley Council is currently promoting.
If your organisation is participating, find out how to claim the reimbursement for discounts given to diners on the government website.
Temporary Licence applications for the hospitality industry to place tables and chairs on the public highway are now open. Find out more and apply here.
Health and wellbeing
Find guidance on staying well and supporting staff and colleagues with home working here
Mental Health at Work have produced this guide: Remote working: a practical safety guide for businesses
See the CIPD Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for UK employers
Illustrator Ben Poultney has created a Black Country Colouring-In Print featuring cartoons inspired by photos sent to him from people all over the Black Country. You can download the artwork here and share your completed pictures on Twitter using @drawmytown and #dudleystayshome.
Skills and recruitment - find out what support is available here.
You can find further support and advice via the links below: