In Dudley borough
In addition to the Government's offer, in Dudley borough we are providing the following support:
We have already suspended legal recovery and enforcement action.
In order to support Dudley borough businesses, Dudley Council is offering the following support immediately (initially for three months and to be reviewed after that):
- Free pitches for market traders*
- Rent-free period for council-owned shops*
- Free parking season tickets for market traders and shop owners/workers
- Rent-free period for tenants at Red House Cone
- Waiver of pest control charges to businesses
- Free car parking on all council-owned car parks
- Business rates relief has been agreed which will effectively wipe £45million off the bills for more than 1,500 businesses in retail, leisure and hospitality and nurseries. That will come into effect when these businesses get their rates bills which will be zero for the current financial year. This will happen automatically and there is no need to apply.
View our news release with further details here.
View the latest statement from Tudor Markets.
*Please note: In line with government advice all none-essential traders must cease trading. Retailers and market stalls which offer essential retail, such as grocery and food may stay open to trade.
If you want to receive the latest advice and support for your business sign up to our free email updates. It’s quick and easy and can be done here.
Health and wellbeing
Find guidance on staying well and supporting staff and colleagues with home working here
Mental Health at Work have produced this guide: Remote working: a practical safety guide for businesses
See the CIPD Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for UK employers
Illustrator Ben Poultney has created a Black Country Colouring-In Print featuring cartoons inspired by photos sent to him from people all over the Black Country. You can download the artwork here and share your completed pictures on Twitter using @drawmytown and #dudleystayshome.
Skills and recruitment - find out what support is available here.
You can find further support and advice via the links below: