Additional Restrictions Grant
This is a discretionary scheme that has been announced to provide further support for businesses where local restrictions are put in place or where a widespread national lockdown is announced.
This scheme has been designed to help provided much needed financial support for businesses that:
- have closed but do not pay business rates; and
- have not been required to close, but are still severely impacted by national lockdown restriction.
Who is the grant for?
Applications for the Additional Restrictions Grant will be available on a staged basis as follows:
Stage one: National restrictions 5th November - 2nd December 2020.
Grants are available to businesses in the following categories:
- 1A – Businesses that are legally required to close and have commercial premises, but that do not have Non-Domestic Rates liability.
- 1B – Businesses that are legally required to close and do not have commercial premises
- 1C – Businesses that are not legally required to close but are significantly impacted by the national restrictions – businesses with Non-Domestic Rates liability. This scheme is for businesses that mainly supply their goods and services directly into the hospitality, accommodation and leisure sectors.
- 1D - Businesses that are not legally required to close but are significantly impacted by the national restrictions – businesses with commercial premises but that do not have Non-Domestic Rates liability. This scheme is for businesses that mainly supply their goods and services directly into the hospitality, accommodation and leisure sectors.
- 1E - Businesses that are not legally required to close but are significantly impacted by the national restrictions – businesses that do not have commercial premises. This scheme is for businesses that mainly supply their goods and services directly into the hospitality, accommodation and leisure sectors.
Please refer to Dudley Council’s Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) Policy document for full eligibility criteria.
If you answer yes to any of the following statements you are not eligible to apply:
- A businesses based in an area outside the scope of the localised restrictions, as defined by Government and not subject to a widespread national restriction.
- In categories 1A or 1B (below) and have chosen to close but not been required to.
- I have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State Aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework;
- Was in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made at the date of the local restriction or widespread national restriction.
If you have business rates liability AND have been instructed to close by government you are not eligible for the ARG. Instead visit the Local Restrictions Support Grant page.
For the initial 28 day national restrictions period (ending 2nd December 2020). The grant award is subject to the state-aid de minimis limits.
|Category||Rateable value (if required)||Award|
|1C||RV of £15k or less||£934|
|RV over £15k but less than £51k||£1,400|
|RV of £51k or over||£2,000|
Not sure which scheme to apply for? This flow chart will help you decide
How to Apply
You can apply for the grant schemes listed above using our self-service grant application portal and attaching all supporting evidence.
Before you apply, check your eligibility and ensure you have your supporting evidence ready. The self-service grant application portal will not accept requests from businesses that do not meet the schemes qualifying criteria.
As part of the application process you will be required to upload copies of the following:
- Proof of applicant/business identification (Passport / Driving Licence / Financial Accounts)
- Evidence of business trading as at 4th November (Delivery Note / Expenses Receipt / Purchase Order / Sales Receipt)
- Evidence that the claimant is named holder of bank account (Bank Statement)
- Evidence of company occupying the property as at 4th November (Electric Bill / Gas Bill / Landline Bill / Water Bill).
- Evidence of fixed commercial property or fixed business related costs (Signed lease agreement, signed license arrangement, rent payments, mortgage, utility bills)
Depending on business category a selection of the above will be required. You may also be required to supply your national insurance number (dependent upon your trading status), and/or multiple examples of evidence of fixed business related or commercial property costs.
All applications must be made via the online portal, if you need assistance applications are permissible via intermediaries on your behalf (i.e. via your Accountant). If you have any questions on the scheme please visit our FAQs.
If you feel you are eligible for this grant and the application process will not accept your request, please contact the grants team at firstname.lastname@example.org.